Director of Faith Formation
St. Thomas More Parish is seeking a new Director of Faith Formation. The DFF is a full time employee of the Diocese of Providence and is responsible for overseeing the faith and catechetical program for St. Thomas More Parish.
Reports to Pastor
Essential Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, direct and oversee the catechetical program and faith formation for the families and youth enrolled with specific emphasis upon sacramental preparation: First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation.
- Evaluates faith formation programs and makes recommendations to the pastor.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer catechists (and substitutes when needed) for all classes.
- Organize the confirmation retreats and other events and activities for those preparing to receive the sacrament of confirmation
- Collaborate with the Coordinator of Youth Ministry to implement faith formation opportunities for the youth of the parish
- Organize faith-formation catechesis, talks, and other programs when appropriate for the parents especially as it relates to their role as the first and primary educators of their children.
- Help organize and coordinate seasonal religious education events: Christmas pageant, vacation bible school, ect.
- Ensure the catechists and all volunteers of the parish have appropriate training: ‘Safe Environment’ and ‘Background Check Information’
- Researches and purchases necessary primary and supplemental materials for all programs.
- Maintain the upkeep of the Religious Education section on the parish website.
- Provide photos at related events for the parish bulletin, parish website, and other advertisements
- Responsible for the maintenance of first communion and confirmation sacramental records.
- Ensure registered families within the religious education program have necessary baptismal records on file.
- Prepare annual budget for review and oversee expenditures.
- Assisting the pastor with the planning and organization of the Mustard Seed missionary outreach.
- Assisting with answering the phone and walk-in requests (mass cards, booking masses, ect.) when office manager is not available.
- Help to augment the visibility and outreach of the religious education program by:
- Oversee important catechetical and faith formation information on the parish website to ensure that information is easily accessible and relevant.
- Use social media: Facebook, email, phone and one on one meetings.
- Taking photographs and video of the youth at all events to be used as needed.
- Communicate with the families about relevant religious education events.
- Practicing Roman Catholic who adheres to all the Church’s teaching and in good standing.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to relate to a variety of people and to collaborate with other staff members.
- Strong leadership ability; organizational, time management, and project management skills; and ability to delegate and adhere responsibility.
- Computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Theology, Religious Education, religious studies preferred.
Maintain regular presence in the St. Thomas More parish office during the week at specific times and at St. Veronica during CCD classes. Requires some variable hours and on-call response after regular business hours to meet the needs of the parish. Recurring travel between St. Thomas More and St. Veronica Chapel.
Pay: Salary & Benefits
Please send resume and cover letter to Fr. Marcel Taillon: fathermtaillon